Dear international students:
The new semester is approaching, and the relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:
1. Class time: Classes will start in next week (February 27th).
2. Class types:
(1)online: Most courses in this semester will be taught purely online.
(2) offline: In order to provide students in China with a better learning experience, there are offline classes for some courses. International students in China should confirm the class types.
3. The Teaching Affair's Office of the School of International Education & Studies (SIES) will establish DingTalk groups before the start of the new semester and invite students to the groups. The DingTalk groups will be named after "semester+course name+teacher name". Please search for courses in DingTalk according to your class schedule. Considering that some students have several DingTalk accounts, we will invite all accounts into the group, you need to log your invalid accounts out of the course groups after the new semester begins.
4. Confirm the timetable: Please check your schedule in the Teaching System, if you can’t check it, please contact the Teaching Affair’s office ASAP. Search for the DingTalk Group according to the course name on the timetable, and check whether the courses on the timetable are in the corresponding group. Students must follow the timetable, if the timetable is inconsistent with the DingTalk Group, please contact the Teaching Affairs Office of SIES.
Students in China please check your class schedule carefully. Those who have offline courses are required to attend in the classroom and complete the courses according to the offline teaching requirements.
5. Confirm the name list: Please pay attention to the name list published by the teacher in the DingTalk Group. If you are not on the list, please contact the Teaching Affairs Office of SIES. Considering the time required for payment and registration confirmation, you can take the class first, and then your payment and registration status will be confirmed gradually. Those who do not register on time will be removed from the teaching group, and will not be able to take exams and have no exam results!
6. Guarantee your attendance: Attendance rate is not only related to your scholarship evaluation, but also affects your visa. You must attend class on time. If you are late for more than 10 minutes or quit the live broadcast after logging in a while, you will be counted as absenteeism! Please be sure to wait for the teacher in the group 10 minutes in advance, otherwise you may miss the sign-in, which will affect your attendance rate. We will take a series of measures such as cancellation of exam qualifications and notification of penalties for students whose attendance is too low.
7. Watch replay：
(1) Considering the problem of time difference, if the class time of the course is before 5 am local time, it is allowed to apply for the replay of the course this semester. Please submit the application form within the first week of the semester. After verification by SIES, you can watch the replay.
(2) Other courses are required to be in class on time in principle. If there are any special circumstances, you must submit an application form to watch the replay, which will be reviewed by the teacher and SIES. The number of applications for watching replays in a semester shall not exceed one-third of the total number of courses.
(3) The course you applied to watch the replay needs to be watched within one week, otherwise the course will not be counted in attendance.
8. Delayed and make-up exams: The delayed and make-up exams will be organized recently. Please pay attention to the notifications in DingTalk.